Salt City Ukulele has adopted the following COVID policy. Be aware that we meet indoors when weather and light require it. There may be twenty or more individuals in a classroom-size room. Singing expels respiratory droplets more than talking, so without suitable precautions we could have a potential superspreader situation. Vaccination does not provide one hundred percent immunity, especially to the more infectious COVID variants now coming to dominate.
Therefore, until further notice:
- For indoor events:
- All attendees age 12 and over are required to be fully vaccinated. If requested, please be able to provide proof of vaccination. We hope increased vaccination rates and lower infection rates will allow relaxing this policy within a few months, so if you are unvaccinated, please wait to join us. (Or get vaccinated!)
- All attendees age 2 and up, even if vaccinated, must wear masks and maintain social distance. Acceptable masks include: Multi layer woven fabric masks without vents or valves; disposable filter type masks; KN95 or similar reusable masks. No neck gaiters or bandannas. Masks must cover nose, mouth, and chin. Disposable masks will be available for those who need one.
- Weather permitting, windows will be kept open to promote outside air exchange.
- For outdoor events:
- All unvaccinated attendees age 2 and up must wear masks and maintain social distance.
- For all events:
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, or if you have recently been exposed to someone with symptoms or to someone who has tested positive for COVID, please do not attend.
- Hand sanitizer will be available. Use it when you first arrive and again before and after experiencing high touch areas as needed.
Salt City Ukulele is a recreational group. We do not serve an essential function. Our members want to enjoy themselves, not to deal with disputes and demands. For these reasons, and for the protection of our members and guests, no exceptions to this policy will be possible.
To reflect evolving pandemic conditions, this policy is subject to change.